Householder planning applications generally includes extension and refurbishment projects. However, Permitted Development and Prior Approval Applications are also a factor and can secure planning permission without having to comply with Local Plan Policies.

Permitted Development is often relied upon within the Green Belt or Countryside beyond the Green Belt where stricter policies apply to resi-dential extensions.

Random Fact: A treehouse, or even “fixed” children’s play equipment, is likely to require planning permission (because it creates a raised platform)!